We’re really excited to be writing this blog ‘What are the top 25 tunes for my Lincolnshire Wedding?’. Especially as we have recently moved to this splendid county, which is the second largest in the UK, (following Yorkshire of course!).
Here at 2 of Harps, we know your wedding is one of the most important days in your life, and because of this, it should be as memorable as possible. You’ll want to cherish every memory for years to come!
There are so many moments on your wedding day that are defined by the music you choose, such as walking down the aisle, right through to your first dance. Live music, such as a band, acoustic duo, a solo musician or singer, can really help with the atmosphere and add an effortless touch of class to your big day.
Considering the venue you choose carefully is a great start to planning your wedding music, as it can really reflect what style or genre of songs and tunes you may want to select to suit the atmosphere of the surroundings. Your venue can really define the type of ‘vibe’ you want your guests to feel. This can vary from an informal family style wedding to an adult only black-tie occasion. Whether you are having your wedding at a farm or a grand country manor in the stunning county of Lincolnshire, this blog has you covered.
Continue reading to get inspiration for your Lincolnshire wedding-ready playlist…
What are the top 5 songs for my country barn or farm wedding in Lincolnshire?
Lincolnshire has so much choice when it comes to barns as wedding venues, which will probably not come as a surprise. This huge county has largely relied on agriculture throughout the years, and continues to provide the UK with vast quantities of wheat, barley, sugar beet, potatoes, cabbages, cauliflowers, and onions.
You may choose a farm barn style venue to reflect your love of the countryside rural Lincolnshire living.
Whether you are a DIY guru or want a wedding planner to help you with your wedding plans, we really think that when it comes to music choices, it’s really up to you and your partner!
These top 5 country tunes are must haves at a barn wedding and will be ones that your guests will definitely recognise, even when they are performed on instruments such as the harp. Actually, we love playing these wedding songs on our two harps.
1. Forever and for Always – Shania Twain – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpT-FW_G8-A
2. You Had Me from Hello – Kenny Chesney – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIHycsXBcBY
3. Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfmkgQRmmeE
4. Love Story – Taylor Swift – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xg3vE8Ie_E
5. Perhaps Love – John Denver – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc4by-DkNv4
What is the best contemporary classical music for my historical wedding venue in Lincolnshire?
The county of Lincolnshire has a rich history and many beautiful historical and listed buildings – ranging from country houses to a large estates, there is plenty of choice. These top 5 songs are perfect for that timeless atmosphere without it sounding too ‘stuffy’.
For grand surroundings and a more classical, luxurious atmosphere we always recommend contemporary classical music choices, as they keep the ambience light, bright, and of course elegant.
1. I Giorni – Ludovico Einaudi – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uffjii1hXzU
2. River Flows in You – Yiruma – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7maJOI3QMu0
3. Jeux Interdits – Anonymous – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3poC9LggtY
4. Brothers – Ludovico Einaudi – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGlFSV_LTmc
5. Love Yourself Reprise – Sufjan Stevens – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4Zx37h7H-g
What is the best music for my informal garden wedding in Lincolnshire?
With the wonderful wildlife in this county, a country garden is one of the best ways to enjoy the great outdoors. If you’re opting for a family friendly wedding, it can be a great choice of venue. Plenty of space for the children to keep entertained and for you and your wedding guests to enjoy the surroundings.
This playlist adds a relaxed and modern atmosphere to your day with songs that your guests will recognise easily.
1. A Thousand Years – Christina Perri – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtOvBOTyX00
2. All of Me – John Legend – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=450p7goxZqg
3. Perfect – Ed Sheeran – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vv-BfVoq4g
4. How Long Will I Love You – Elli Goulding – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an4ySOlsUMY
5. Can’t Help Falling in Love – Elvis Presley – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGJTaP6anOU
What are the top tunes for my fairytale themed castle wedding in Lincolnshire?
A castle is the ultimate wedding venue if you are looking to include elements of fairy tales or Disney in your wedding theme. Not only will your family and friends be impressed but just imagine the wedding photos… We would totally recommend a magical castle wedding for amazing memories and photos to enjoy for years to come.
These are the top tunes from the best Disney and fairy tale movies that will add the best magical moments to your perfect day.
1. Beauty and the Beast – Beauty and the Beast – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNA-iBt_UWM
2. Colours of the Wind – Pocahontas – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9MvdMqKvpU
3. Can You Feel the Love Tonight – Lion King – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25QyCxVkXwQ
4. Married Life – Up – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rn-vMbFglI
5. I See the Light – Tangled – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILRs2r6lcHY
What are the best songs for my alternative tipi wedding in Lincolnshire?
If you are an eco-conscious couple or are just looking for something different, then this is the perfect type of venue for you. This option is also great for people who are hoping to have a festival style wedding or invite a larger number of guests. These songs are slightly edgier than the more traditional wedding, and the choices we have selected include some more unusual songs too.
Ideal for the more alternative couple who want to add a quirky touch to their day.
1. Sweet Child O’ Mine – Guns N’ Roses – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w7OgIMMRc4
2. Flightless Bird, American Mouth – Iron & Wine – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGVmhrfQqzg
3. Nothing Else Matters – Metallica – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAGnKpE4NCI
4. Only Love – Ben Howard – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWlKZ6C7cDY
5. Best Day of my Life – American Authors – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y66j_BUCBMY
And that’s a wrap! Wow… we hope you loved listening to these music choices, and that you have found some inspiration to help you plan the music playlist for your wedding day, wherever you choose to get married in Lincolnshire.