Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about our lessons. Please get in touch with us here.
What do I need for my lesson?
For your online one-to-one music lesson, you will need:
- Your instrument (piano/ keyboard / harp / your voice!)
- A laptop / phone/ iPad with a camera
- A good WiFi signal or 4G / 5G connection
- Installed Zoom / Skype etc. (we will agree which before the lesson)
- A notebook and pencil
- Any necessary sheet music
- A bottle of water
Is a keyboard ok instead of a piano?
As long as your keyboard is working and has a good range, this should be no problem. For more advanced students, an electric piano or stage piano would be recommended, because the keys are weighted to feel like an upright or grand piano.
I want to buy my own harp, where can I get one from?
There are a variety of different harp makers in the UK. 2 of Harps would recommend Mark Norris Harps. 2 of Harps perform with the mini 27 string. Please get in touch to find out which harp is right for you, as we’d be happy to help with choosing the right instrument for your level of playing.